Today’s weigh in was not good, it was bad, very bad.
I went in expecting bad news. The dreaded lurgy kept coming back the last 3 weeks and instead of focusing on my eating I focussed on not being able to exercise and my eating went to hell. No tracking, no portion control and all the wrong choice. What took me 2 months to lose I gained back in 2 weeks.
Ok, the composition is different. The fat percentage is down and so day-to-day my weight fluctuates but I am putting my foot down, taking a different route than the one I have taken over and over again. Normally, this would be the point where I throw everything down and exclaim that I will just be fat and unfit forever.
Not this time, this time I am choosing the scary path, the unknown path, the one where I re-tie my laces, readjust my priorities and get back to where I was 2 weeks ago. I will not be fat and unfit forever, this is not me.
So here is the plan:
- Week 1 I am going to be sticking to lightly seasoned, low-calorie foods to try to break the water retention. I know what I need to do and how, I must just keep reminding myself why. No tracking allowed this week, the metrics were starting to be more important than the programme
- Join the next Makeover Menu support session, starting up again soon.
- Get back to posting and reading posts on Sleekgeek
- Get back in the water.
- Start walking again
- Regular blogging of my successes, failures, food, exercise. Sharing here helps a lot.
- Lastly if I cannot exercise I will adjust my caloric intake.
So who’s joining me down the path less travelled? It’s time to challenge the norm and be more, be better, be complete.